The APEC Business and Business Travel Card is designed to meet the needs of the regional business community in facilitating short-term travel within the APEC territory.
The Cardholder does not need to obtain a business visa for a business trip to the economy participating in the APEC Card System. In addition, one of the additional benefits provided for owners of such cards is the possibility of accelerated passage of customs formalities upon arrival at most of the major airports of the APEC economies participating in this system.
The card is valid for 5 years.
In which economies do the APEC Business and Business Travel Card operate?
The APEC card allows visa-free business travel to the following economies: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines Chile, Japan.
The United States and Canada are not full participants in the system. In this regard, for carrying out business trips to these economies, the holders of APEC Cards still need to issue business visas. Read more info about APEC Business travel card.
Who can get an APEC Business and Business Card?
The card is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation to citizens of the Russian Federation who are bona fide individual entrepreneurs or employees of a legal entity whose activities are related to business trips to APEC member countries.
The card may also be issued to employees of a federal state body or state body of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation whose official activities are directly related to ensuring Russia’s participation in the APEC forum.
By a bona fide entrepreneur is meant a person who is engaged in trade in goods, rendering services or carrying out investment activities. In this regard, this category does not include:
- the spouse and children of an entrepreneur who is dependent on him;
- Persons planning to engage in paid work or part-time work while on vacation;
- professional athletes, correspondents, entertainers, musicians, artists or persons engaged in similar activities.
The card may not be issued to persons ever convicted of a criminal offense.
The presence of the Card does not give the right to work in the economies of the participating system. In addition, the Map cannot be used for tourist trips to the APEC economy.
How to get a map for business and business trips APEC?
The following documents are required to receive the Card:
– application with photo and signature;
– A photocopy of the page of the passport containing personal information about its owner;
– recommendations of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, or the All-Russian public organization “Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs”, or the All-Russian public organization of SMEs “Support of Russia”, or the All-Russian public organization “Business Russia” not necessary).
As a rule, these organizations independently send the entire package of documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Then the applicant takes the card either independently at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, or at a business association (depending on the organization through which the Card is issued).
How long does it take to get a card?
It takes from two months to issue a card since the approval of the nominations is carried out by the competent authorities of all the countries participating in the APEC forum.